I’m aiming to shake up business.
When you hear the word ‘business’ you might think of men in suits, boardrooms and share prices.
I don’t. I think of the woman in the coffeeshop running her side business on a MacBook; the entrepreneur in Brooklyn who developed a bunch of businesses by accident not design; the people with the guts to make their idea happen... no matter what. I'm passionate about 'getting stuff done', making ideas happen.
I like to look at business differently - whether I’m telling business stories or helping clients up their game. Here’s what I’m doing right now:
- Business Storyteller: I help businesses tell their stories. Companies can find it difficult telling their own story; I identify the ideas, people and offering at the heart of a company and make that business story compelling and gettable, telling it across multiple platforms.
- Financial Times writer: I tell business stories for The Financial Times, writing about trends and stories that interest me.
- Opportunity Explorer: I identify opportunities for clients in new markets and areas outside of their core business.
- Author: I write books about the new world of work and business. With attitude. My fourth book 'Mash-Up! How to Use Your Multiple Skills to Give You an Edge, Make Money and Be Happier' is out now.
- Monocle contributor: I'm an ad hoc contributor to Monocle magazine's radio station Monocle 24, where I conduct interviews for 'The Entrepreneurs' show.
I'm also a mentor for Women Innovate Mobile, a New York based startup accelerator in mobile-first female led ventures.
I’m based in England, and work with clients anywhere and everywhere. I tend to be driven by curiosity, passion and damn good coffee.
Get in touch: hello (at) iansanders (dot) com.